Monday, February 8, 2010

Penumbra

Songwriter: a lyricist and composer, and then possibly a musician and singer all rolled up in one. I understand why the great ones only come along once in a while. This takes a lot of processing power. Then, of course, there is the life experiences that drive the direction of the song and music - and the style. Fourteen songs in twenty-eight days is feeling a bit illusive. 
I have to admit that this challenge has been tremendously fun already. I fill all the empty moments with thoughts of shadowy memories that could be worked into some lyrics and then possibly a song. And, while the ukulele has a bright sound for the most part, it can be played as a back drop to some sad lyrics, but I'm not sure I want to go in that direction. 

And what rhymes with shadow?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi from Kyle :)